Thursday, May 1, 2014

My GPS Map

Below is a map demonstrating the use of a GPS to geospatially track a route. This map shows route 14 which was the subject of field testing for my undergraduate research project. My goal was to track the change in air temperatures and relate it to the location's distance from the coast. However, because of the lack of a way to correspond temperature readings taken along with location, I used this method to approximate distances along the route. Each point, for runs 5 and 6 was taken at 1 minute intervals along the route travelling east and the pins represent the approximate distance between the two runs. This gave me an average location on the route allowing me to relate temperatures taken at a given location.
View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment